Be sure to read this Legal Notice, as it covers the terms and conditions applicable to accessing and using this Web site. As a condition to accessing and using this Web site, you agree to accept the terms and conditions below.
1) This Web site is owned and operated by Horizon Healthcare Services, Inc., d/b/a Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, "Horizon BCBSNJ"). Anyone using this site is subject to monitoring by Horizon BCBSNJ.
2) NEITHER HORIZON BCBSNJ NOR ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, AND/OR ASSIGNS MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ASSUME ANY LEGAL LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, QUALITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED AT THIS WEB SITE. FURTHER, HORIZON BCBSNJ SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES TO THE USER, OR A THIRD PARTY ARISING FROM THE USE OR RELIANCE UPON THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE WEB SITE, OR ANY OTHER LINKED WEB SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR LOST DATA, EVEN IF HORIZON BCBSNJ HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION.
3) Horizon BCBSNJ does not warrant or guarantee that any files available for downloading are free of cookies, viruses, worms, "Trojan horses," or other harmful or destructive elements. In fact, Horizon BCBSNJ uses “cookies” on many of its web pages to enhance your experience with our sites. Cookies are text files we place in your computer’s browser to store your web preferences. By themselves, cookies do not tell us your email address or other personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide this to us by, for example, registering at one of our sites. However, once you choose to furnish the site with such information, it may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
4) Horizon BCBSNJ may collect information from its Web site visitors (apart from its proper use of private information that it may otherwise collect from members through its Internet member portal). This may be collected when a visitor registers for online services, enters a Horizon BCBSNJ sweepstakes, leaves feedback or otherwise expresses an opinion about our site.
The types of personally identifiable Web site visitor information that may be collected at Horizon BCBSNJ’s web pages include: name, address, email address, telephone number, fax number, and information about your interests in and use of various products, programs and services. In addition, when we send you emails, we may include a “web beacon,” which allows us to determine the number of people who open our emails. When you click on a link in an email, we may record this individual response – to allow us to customize our offerings to you. Web beacons collect only limited information, such as a cookie identifier, time and date of a page being viewed; and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides (the URL).
Horizon may use personally identifiable Web visitor information to communicate with you, such as to notify you when you have won one of our sweepstakes; or that we have made enhancements to our Web site.
5) Horizon may also collect and use non-personally identifiable Web site visitor information, such as the type of browser you are using (e.g., Mozilla, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using (e.g., Windows XP or Mac OS), or the domain name of your Internet Service Provider (e.g., America Online, Earthlink). Horizon BCBNSJ may use such Web site visitor information to improve the design and content of our site and to enable us to personalize your Internet experience. We may also use this information in the aggregate, to analyze Web site usage.
Horizon BCBSNJ uses appropriate security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of Web site visitor information collected and used by Horizon BCBSNJ at its Web site.
6) In providing information through its sites, Horizon BCBSNJ does not assume any liability as a result of the use or misuse of the information. By your use of this information, you recognize and agree to hold Horizon BCBSNJ harmless from any liability arising from your use of this information.
7) The information provided in this Web site is not intended to replace or modify the terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions contained within health benefit plans issued or administered by Horizon BCBSNJ. In the event of a conflict between the information contained on this Web site and your plan documents, your plan documents shall control.
8) The information and descriptions provided on this site regarding products or services do not constitute a solicitation or offer to purchase any product or service. Anyone interested in a particular product or service should contact a Horizon BCBSNJ representative.
9) Horizon BCBSNJ reserves the right to change any information at this Web site, including, but not limited to, revising and/or deleting information without prior notice. Information contained on this site may be out of date at any time.
10) Following certain links within this Web site might take you to other Web sites for which Horizon BCBSNJ assumes no responsibility of any kind for the contents or otherwise. The links to third-party Web sites are provided for convenience of reference only and are not intended as a sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement of any organization or individual operating, or any information contained on, any Web site accessed. Should you decide to access any linked Web site, you do so at your own risk. Horizon BCBSNJ does not guarantee or warrant that any information contained on any linked site is free of cookies, viruses, worms, "Trojan horses," or other harmful or destructive elements.
11) Horizon BCBSNJ has taken reasonable steps to ensure the confidentiality of information transmitted to it via the Internet. However, the user is cautioned that changes in technology may be used by unauthorized third parties to intercept your information. Accordingly, Horizon BCBSNJ assumes no liability or responsibility should confidential information belonging to the user be intercepted and subsequently used by an unintended recipient.
12) The information contained on this site is for general information purposes only. It is not meant as a substitute for health care advice. If you have any medical or health-related questions, please contact your physician or health care provider.
13) Text, logos, designs, and other works of authorship contained on this Web site may be protected by United States and foreign copyright laws. They may not be downloaded, distributed, transmitted, reproduced, reprinted, or used, in whole or in part, in any manner except for personal use. Except for personal use, permission to download, distribute, transmit, reproduce, reprint, or use these files without Horizon BCBSNJ's or the copyright holder's written consent is expressly prohibited.
15) For purposes of any information contained within this Web site, or any offer or business arising from the use of this Web site, the laws of the State of New Jersey shall apply.
16) The QRP Program does not serve as a measure of the overall quality of care provided by a physician or group/practice or whether the physician will meet your particular healthcare needs. Absence of a QRP indicator does not mean the physician or practice is of low quality; it could simply mean that the physician or practice was not identified within the top 15% of the program or that the physician or practice did not participate in the QRP program.
This information is not a recommendation or endorsement of any particular healthcare provider or their services. Absence of a QRP indicator does not mean the physician or practice is of low quality; it could simply mean that the physician or practice did not participate in the QRP program. This is just provided as a reference to one of many factors you may consider when making a decision as to which physician you select for your care. Always seek the advice of a physician or a qualified healthcare provider for answers to any questions you may have regarding your healthcare.